The Mission of LMS Lifeline
Welcome to our website! This website is created to share information, resources, and support for those who have been diagnosed with Leiomysarcoma (LMS) and / or the caregivers. We welcome your experiences and information that may contribute to helping us get as many resources out there!
It takes strength in numbers to fight and win. By the LMS Community coming together, we can have a stronger voice, a more visible presence at oncology and sarcoma meetings around the world. Together, we can make the difference for us all, through a collective, collaborative approach to defeating LMS.
- Complement existing support group websites with continuous podcasts and YouTube presentations for the LMS Community with the capability to post questions related to the podcasts or YouTube presentations
- Provide lists of suggested questions to consider in preparation for medical appointments
- Provide lay articles on LMS from sources such as MDLinx and PubMed
- Provide a bibliography of LMS related technical research papers from annual oncology meetings, medical journals and other sources
- Provide updated links to Patient/Caregiver Cancer Support Organizations
Isolation, detection, and immunomorphological characterization of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) from patients with different types of sarcoma using isolation by size of tumor cells: a window on sarcoma-cell invasion(click here to go to Articles)
New ARTICLE FROM JOHNS HOPKINS MAGAZINE on cancer cell biology and cancer drug testing (click here to go to Articles)
The CTOS 2013 research papers pertaining to soft tissue sarcomas and LMS specifically – are now posted under research articles. They are
technical, but they offer insight into what is happening in the world of research. The information also provides information that you can
further discuss with your oncologist as well (click here to go to documents).
Podcast – LMS treatment/research update by Dr. Vinod Ravi (click here to go to podcasts)